Job Title: Registrar
Reports to: V.P. Academics
Effective Date: August 1, 2018
The Registrar serves as the office manager for the Records Office and assists the V.P. Academics in maintaining student records in the Records Office. This position also holds the vital role of attendance officer, being primarily responsible for maintaining student attendance records and maintaining regular contact with parents and deans. This position is a fulltime salary position which reports to and is directly responsible to the V.P. Academics. The Registrar shall agree to observe the employment and administrative policies of the SDA Church in Canada K-12 Board of Education, those policies of the SDA Church K-12 Board of Education which pertain to the operation of Kingsway College, the policies adopted by the Board of Directors of this school, and those laws and regulations of the Province of Ontario which are applicable to this school.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as administrative assistant for the V.P. Academics.
- Serves as Office Manager for the Records Office, maintaining and inventory of supplies and ordering office supplies as required.
- Coordinates the work of the student workers in the Records Office.
- Enters and maintains student registration data for new applicants and current students.
- Maintains student records of personal data on the student information system.
- Assists in the maintenance of Ontario Student Record folders according to provincial regulations.
- Processes outgoing OSR/transcript requests and incoming OSR/transcript requests.
- Assists in the preparation and mailing of grade reports.
- Assists in the organization and presentation of the annual Career Day.
- Implements the attendance policy, communicating regularly with parents, students, and deans.
- Assists in various statistical reports as required.
- Assists in the preparation of materials (i.e., gowns, diplomas) for the annual graduation.
- Assists in the maintenance of the Career Information Centre.
- Assists students in locating relevant career/university information.
- Assists teachers by printing various routine reports as required (i.e., class lists, attendance summaries, labels, etc.).
- Files student records and correspondence as required.
- Assists customers with their requests at the Records Office window.
- Writes and types various correspondence as required.
- Understand and represent the position and priorities of the Registrar.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the V.P. Academics.
JOB STANDARDS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of three to five years’ related experience.
- Knowledge and awareness of the operation of a secondary institution is required.
- Experience with Student Information Systems and the ability to develop processes and utilize technology to increase efficiencies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Registrarial process from recruitment to graduation
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and practices related to student affairs
- Experience in process documentation
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and/or members of the school community.
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently.
- Proficient in computer programs such as the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and PowerSchool.
- Understand the importance of confidential information concerning students and others while maintaining a high degree of integrity and support for Kingsway College.
- Familiarity with Freedom of Information and the Protection of Privacy Act is an asset.
- Dedicated and active member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Passionate about Adventist education and supports the mission of Kingsway College.
- Professional, responsible, and a positive work attitude.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.