Food Services Assistant
JOB TITLE: Food Services Assistant
REPORTS TO: Food Services Director
DEPARTMENT: Food Services
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 27, 2018
Assists the Food Services Director in the supervision of student workers and in preparing meals in the school cafeteria on the weekends, Saturdays and Sundays. This is a salaried part-time, 10-month position, which reports to and is directly responsible to the Food Services Director. The employee shall agree to observe the employment and administrative policies of the SDA Church in Canada K-12 Board of Education, those policies of the SDA Church K-12 Board of Education which pertain to the operation of Kingsway College, the policies adopted by the Board of Directors of this school, and those laws and regulations of the Province of Ontario which are applicable to this school.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides a role model of successful Christian living for the students.
- Interacts with students and models spiritual maturity in leading students towards Christ and then spiritual growth.
- Is responsible for providing the meals on the weekends, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Assist in planning weekend menus of nutritional value.
- Inspects food and food preparation to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Assists with other food operations that may occur within the school program as requested by the administration.
- Assists in the supervision of student workers assigned to the cafeteria.
- Assists the Food Service Director with catering responsibilities as needed.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the cafeteria as a whole.
- Participates in faculty/staff meetings, educational conferences, and training workshops. Also participates in major school events (i.e. fund dinner, preview weekend, alumni weekend, graduation).
- Other duties will include supervision duties on weekday and evenings and extracurricular duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
JOB STANDARDS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A certificate/diploma in the culinary arts is preferred.
- Preferably should have at least 3-5 years experience in food service related areas.
- Effective in providing tasty and healthy meals to large groups in a cafeteria setting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently.
- Proficient in computer programs such as Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Dedicated and active member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Passionate about Adventist education and supports the mission of Kingsway College.
- Professional, responsible, and a positive work attitude.
- Available for weekend and evening hours when required.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.